Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hope is Kindled Forum Index -> Breaks & Vacations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cotho
conscioushours

re: PC problems

Hey again, just wanted to let you know I'm having some PC problems and might not be online much. I've been having problems for 2-3 weeks now and first we thought it was something about the internet connection after a thunderstorm but we've tried everything and there seems to be something seriously wrong with the motherboard and the cooling system. I don't know anything about them myself and I don't know how long it would take to get things fixed but I know I'm not able to afford a new PC.

I still have a 3-month sub so I'll try to log in every day to collect my rest XP but otherwise I can't really play -- my latency keeps getting worse the more I play, today it went over 500 ms just after a few minutes, and then the whole game starts freezing and skipping.

- Cotho
Cotho
conscioushours

An update on this. Turns out it was nothing about the motherboard or cooling system, it was all caused by something called Pando Media Booster that had come along with LOTRO. Apparently it "steals" some of your bandwidth to download stuff more efficiently, and it's pretty bad for people like me who don't have access to the best kind of internet connection. I wonder if it got worse when they changed the LOTRO launcher. I guess that would explain it.

- Cotho
Tarponchaser
Officer

Its funny I was kind of looking into the 64bit areas for a problem and remembered the Pando issues but figured it was a non-issue in 64bit,....

So much to keep up with on these things, glad you found the problem,.. of this week anyways. See ya in-game, maybe another rift run this week!

Pretty sure I saw @LOTRO retweet something from you today, Cotho! Happy
Cotho
conscioushours

BillyDale wrote:
Pretty sure I saw @LOTRO retweet something from you today, Cotho! Happy

Haha yes, that was me! envy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hope is Kindled Forum Index -> Breaks & Vacations All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: